Friday, December 15, 2006

and on and on and on and on

I think I have what is considered a "normal" life now. I go through the motions, I get overwhelmed and frustrated, I become tired, I slack off on my extra-curricular activities. I feel that I am going through the motions, plodding along, trying to get to the end, but then it is another beginning, and more desire to finish what ever that is.

I plan life around work. I worry. I wonder about things at work and how they'll turn out.
I do love teaching, but I hate student teaching. Not the 'real' teacher. NOT FREAKING PAID for four months. I am about at the end of my rope. I have so much debt and for what, to be disrespected and frustrated daily. 2 weeks of student teaching left. Next week, and a week in January. All I gotta say is that every teacher in America deserves a doubling of their salary for the shit we put up with. But in the end, I love the students and wouldn't change what I do on a daily basis for anything. The kids keep me young and inspired. I laugh everyday. I learn something everyday. Someone confides in me everyday. I just hope I don't end up losing my marbles trying to keep all my delinquents under control. (If you didn't realize, I teach Special Ed).

That is my life these days.

My back hurts again, need a massage but of course that is out of the question considering I have 24 dollars til the end of the month.

Poor poor pitiful me! hahaha, actually things are good despite all of this and the fact that I am getting sick with a cold and feel like crap today. But like Alison is fond of saying in class these days, something along the lines of "You might as well accept things, because this never ends."

List of latest odds and ends:

1. Modest Mouse concert last weekend was sooooooooooo sweet. Want to see them again in a smaller venue.

2. My house is colder inside than outside

3. I go home next Saturday for 10 days, hallelujah

4. Life is boring sometimes, I'm bored

5. My dog can't get up by himself, poor sweetie. He collapses and looks at me like "why the f did you cut off my leg you bitch?" And then we wonder the same thing

6. I need to find a new place to live, this place sucks

7. I sometimes take a look around and wonder how the hell I got here, to this place, this reality

8. I miss travelling, I miss surfing in warm water, I miss my mysore practice

9. I miss someone very far away that I shouldn't miss still

10. This one is a secret, but believe me, it's intense

2 Comments:

Blogger Lees Lamar said...

Hang in there woman! One more week!
Hope you have a good time at home for the
holidays.

8:04 AM  
Blogger formingnewsights said...

hey, i hear ya about all the wierd things that u are thinking.. my mind is evolving and changing and i want my mind to slow down and not think s much... going home will hopefully make u feel better...

i miss someone too..
i think we all do

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home