Sunday, October 22, 2006

Pirates, Big Members, and Censors

Halloween Party was fun. I wore my friend's afro and that was about the extent of the costume. Felt pretty sexy though in my diva outfit. I even got a few comments as such. Funny how much more makeup you can wear if you have dark hair! It was fun to wear dark lipstick and tons of eye makeup cause I would look like trailer trash if I did that sans afro wig. B went as "The Dude" from the Big Lebowski which was pretty funny, even had the White Russian to complete the look. I came home early (11:30) cause I am just a weakling. Two hours at a party is pretty good for me these days. I had two glasses of wine at dinner and then one mixed drink over about 6 hours and it was plenty for me. Eeks, I am a lightweight. B got home late and had gotten pretty wrecked. In two years I've never really seen him drunk so it was amusing, not that I really like drunk people, but it was a very rare occurrence and therefore it was entertaining.

The costumes were hilarious. Three of our friends came as the front, middle, and end of a ship dressed as pirates. They had card board boxes decorated to the tee, with guns, a mast, a steering wheel (Is that what they are called on a ship?) and even a barbie doll to front the ship. HILARIOUS. One guy came a censor. He was naked and then had a black bar on his front and butt and that is it. Pretty brave. Totally non chalont about it as well, like "Hey, I'm naked. What is your costume?" My excuse for not going naked is, well, um it's too cold, ya. Too bad I could never be that confident! Another guy's wife made him a giant penis costume complete with hairy balls. This was a riot, it was so huge that he had to duck and turn sideways to get in the door.

On to more menial items. I couldn't get my leg in lotus in Karandavasana today by myself, probably too much expectation. I was afraid I was going to put too much pressure on myself to be able to do it and that is exactly what I did. Oh well, all is coming.

Halfway done with student teaching woo hoo! I hope I can get a job and that we can go to Costa Rica next summer for atleast a month. That would be so good for us- not so much of the worker bee everyday stress which living in SoCal or any other Metropolitan area provides. I'm sure everyone has stress at all different levels and varieties. I have been finding that doing breathing exercises really reduces anxiety and stress, as well as that physical. When I breathe into my rhomboid (location of my most recent of injuries) things are A-OK. When I don't and forget about breathing, my rhomboid reminds me with a sudden jerking pain.

A big marine layer just sweeped in and it is chilly now, yesterday it must have gotten to around 78. Beautiful and sunny but I was lazy as can be (must be the snake in me). I also didn't sleep well friday night, and on my only day to sleep in I was up and totally awake at 7. LAME. I spoke to Maria this morning and she said she did the same and it is due to the New Moon. Does anyone else experience lack of sleep during the new moon? Full moons I usually feel heavy and sore, new moons kind of flighty and unfocused.

How is everyone? I am looking forward to the holidays this year more than normal, probably because it also will be our 2nd anniversary, the end of my student teaching (except for one week in January) and the chance to see my family.

5 Comments:

Blogger formingnewsights said...

wierd, i couldnt sleepwell at all on fri nite too!! did a major cleaning today, james even weedwacked!!! i love it when yer man is productive!

4:26 PM  
Blogger liz said...

that is the best eh, I love it when I get home and B is cooking after going grocery shopping. Now that is sexy and romantic, forget roses.

4:54 PM  
Blogger liz said...

I got this forward today, thought it was pretty good. A new priest at his first mass was so nervous he could hardly speak.
After mass he asked the monsignor how he had done. The monsignor replied, “When I am worried about getting nervous On the pulpit, I put a glass of vodka next to the water glass. If I start to get nervous, I take a sip.”

So next Sunday he took the monsignor’s advice. At the beginning of the sermon, he got nervous and took a drink. He proceeded to talk up a storm. Upon his return to his office after the mass, he found the following note on the door:

1) Sip the vodka, don’t gulp.

2) There are 10 commandments, not 12.

3) There are 12 disciples, not 10.

4) Jesus was consecrated, not constipated.

5) Jacob wagered his donkey, he did not bet his ass.

6) We do not refer to Jesus Christ as the late J.C.

7) The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are not referred to as Daddy, Junior and the spook.

8) David slew Goliath, he did not kick the sh*t out of him.

9) When David was hit by a rock and was knocked off his donkey, don’t say he was stoned off his ass.

10) We do not refer to the cross as the “Big T.”

11) When Jesus broke the bread at the last supper he said, “take this and eat it for it is my body.” He did not say “ Eat me” .

12)The Virgin Mary is not called “ Mary with the Cherry,.

13)The recommended grace before a meal is not: Rub-A-Dub-Dub thanks for the grub, Yeah God.

14)Next Sunday there will be a taffy pulling contest at ST.Peter’s not a peter pulling contest at St. Taffy’s.

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HeyLiz,

How did you hurt your rhomboid? I have a similar injury now and intermediate practice is strictly off until it heals. It hurts pretty bad when I do a certain action of pulling my shoulder blades closer to each other and then also when I breath out. It sucks.

6:07 AM  
Blogger liz said...

tara! YES, it totally sucks it hurts so bad. I hurt it in supta kurmasana, though it had been bothering me for 6 weeks before I finally pulled it too far. It sounds exactly the same, and like yours is threatening to get worse. I am working with a pt now and he's really helping. Weird to do weight training again but it seems to be helping to strengthen those muscles. I couldn't do any leg behind the head at all, but now that I am getting stronger I can again.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home